Your Best Stuff
- People will laugh
- Members will vote
- Agents will notice
- Winners promoted!
Welcome To The Audition!
To all Comics:
Thank you for your interest in Auditioning for our
New Stand Up Comics Showcase feature.
The Showcase was created for The Great Canadian Joke Book website to present, develop and promote what we feel are the best New Stand-Up Comic performances received sent by us as Audition material.
How it works:
Whether you are a promising rising Comic, an amateur Comic or just a funny person who likes to make people laugh - you may enter and be considered a contestant for our Showcase feature. We want to promote and celebrate our hilarious Canadian comic talents for the whole world to enjoy.
Our site members and visitors have the opportunity to view and vote for any Comic featured in our Showcase. Each month, we honour the top rated Comics with a special note of merit based on the total votes received from our visitors. Each visitor may only vote one time.
"The Website" will choose at its sole discretion, the most promising comic performances it receives and will create a web page for winning "Comics" featuring their performances, a short bio and photos received with their audition materials. The design and use of the audition materials for presentation on a web page will be created and designed by and at the sole discretion of "the Website" and its designers.
Terms and Conditions
It is understood and agreed by both parties named herein as;
Party (A) "the Comic" - the person(s) Auditioning (and sending materials) for the "New Stand Up Comics Showcase"
Party (B) "the Website" - known as "The Great Canadian Joke Book Website" or herein as "the Website".
"the parties" referred to herein are known as "the Comic" and "the Website".
1) All property rights and copyrights lawfully owned, controlled or licensed to the "Comic" and/or their "representative(s)" and property rights and copyrights owned and controlled by "the Website", remain solely with their original legal owners.
2) "The Comic" or their "representative(s) "certify they have complete legal authority to permit "the Website" to use, host, display and promote "the Comic" performances and to use the audition materials they provided to "the Website" for these purposes. "The Website" assumes no responsibility or liability for "the Comic" audition materials it receives that may be false, or misrepresents the copyright and/or intellectual property of the audition materials.
3) There shall be no fee or charge made by "the Website" to "the Comic" or their "representative(s)" for the right to host, display, use and promote "the Comic" in the "New Stand-Up Comics Showcase",
4) There shall be no fee or charge made by "the Comic" or their "representative(s)" to "the Website" for the right of "the Website" to host, display, use and promote "the Comic" in the "New Stand-Up Comics Showcase",
5) To be clear, the arrangement as stated in this agreement represents the complete agreement between the two parties for the purposes and use of the property and audition materials as stated herein.
6) Both parties agree and understand - "the Comic" or their "representative(s)"may terminate this agreement at any time, by sending "the Website" a written notice of termination. Upon receipt of the letter of termination "the Website" shall remove all audition materials from "the Website" within a reasonable period time. "The Website" reserves the right to remove "the Comic", and any audition materials and performances related to "the Comic", for whatever reason, at any time,as it sees fit to do.
7) Both parties agree and understand they will undertake to resolve any outstanding issue through normal communication between the two parties to uphold the contents of this agreement. In any event, the final resolution shall be resolved by terminating this agreement, without malice or loss to either party.
8) LIABILTY: it is understood and agreed that, in no event shall "the Website", its Owners, Directors, Employees, or Agents, be liable to "the Comic" or their representative(s) for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from any (i) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content, (ii) personal injury or property damage, resulting from this agreement, (iii) third party agreement or contract which "the Comic" has entered into which may be construed to have a conflict with this agreement, (iv) improper use, misuse, or misrepresentation of any copyright or intellectual property which was presented to "the Website" as audition material of "theComic" which is not legally owned or legally able to be used by the "Comic" and/or their representative for the purposes of this agreement.
CLICK HERE to sign up!